The Literassociates Board supports literacy through their networks, creativity, and organizational skills.
The Literassociates, the associate board of the Chicago Literacy Alliance (CLA), is comprised of young professionals who have an interest in Chicago’s literacy sector and are looking for enriching opportunities in nonprofit board service.
While on the board, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns
- Participate in committees focusing on fundraising and special events, membership, or community outreach
- Volunteer quarterly with 100+ of Chicago’s literacy and education organizations
- Network with other young professionals
- Serve as an ambassador for the CLA
- Commit to a 2 year term
- Contribute a personal gift of $50
- Work to achieve collective fundraising goals
- Attend bi-monthly meetings at the Literacenter
Want to know more?
Contact Julie Lanham for more information!
Year the Literassociates associate board was founded
Number of members in 2020
Amount raised for the CLA in FY20
Meg Condes, Chair
Federal Highway Administration
Amber Goodenough, Vice Chair
Winston & Strawn, LLP
Cody Czmyr, Secretary
Michigan Shores Club
Alex Hawley, Fundraising and Special Events Chair
American Bar Association
Vanessa Pineda, Membership Chair
Leslie Wolfe, Community Connection & Outreach Committee Chair
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Blue Island Public Library
Yale Club of New York
Morrison & Morrison
Winkler’s Tree Service, Inc.
Querrey & Harrow
The Dental Assisting National Board
Lever for Change, MacArthur Foundation
Madison County Commission