September 28, 2017
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
641 W. Lake St.
Chicago, IL 60661
General Admission: $25
Includes lunch, all sessions, member fair, and closing reception
This September, the Chicago Literacy Alliance is thrilled to present our Third Annual State of Literacy Symposium!
Built on the theme of Advocacy Through Collaboration, the 2017 Symposium will include remarks, panels, workshops, and built-in opportunities to spark, explore, and discuss collaboration for literacy in Chicago.
- Opening remarks from Brian Bannon, Commissioner & CEO of the Chicago Public Library
- How Direct Service Organizations Can Get Involved in Advocacy with Dena Giacometti of the Chicago Citywide Literacy Coalition
- Advocacy through Collaboration: Case Studies in Working Together to Create System-Level Change – Panel discussion moderated by Dena Giacometti and featuring: Sarah Labadie, Women Employed; Brenda Langstraat, WITS; Jazmine Salas, Chicago Citywide Literacy Coalition; Fred Tsao, Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights; and Alex Tindal Wiesendanger, Responsible Budget Coalition
- Updates from the IL State Library with Beth Paoli
- Framework for creating successful partnerships with Robin Koelsch of Communities In Schools Chicago
- Lunch & Member Fair
- Reading from Roger Bonair-Agard with Free Write Arts & Literacy
- Collaboration Convocation
Scholarships available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.