In May 2015, the Chicago Literacy Alliance opened the Literacenter with eighteen member organizations.
Today, more than 100 organizations make their homes, attend programs, form partnerships, serve students, create collaborations, and accelerate their work here.
Want to host a private event at the Literacenter?
Find out how!
The Literacenter is located in Chicago’s thriving West Loop neighborhood, surrounded by restaurants and near every form of public transportation.
Two blocks from the Clinton El stop
One block from bus routes
Next to a Divvy bike station
Two blocks from Zipcars
Three blocks from Metra (Ogilvie)
- Service discounts on accounting, payroll, insurance, IT, office supplies, photography, human resources, and more
- Programming and events ranging from monthly birthday parties and meetups to literacy trainings and networking opportunities
- Office perks including coffee, printing, photocopying, mail/package receipt, and WiFi
- Discounts at our favorite local yoga studio, acupuncturist, gym, bookstore, and more
- 27,000 sqft of shared workspace including couches, armchairs, community tables, private carrels, group workstations, and open lounges
- 15 meeting and conference rooms, capable of holding as few as 2 people and as many as 100
- 2 large event spaces for parties and celebrations.
- The LitLounge (complete with foosball, shuffleboard, ping pong, Rock Band, Wii, board games, TVs, movie projection, kitchen, and 2 pianos).
- Five Literascooters for zooming around everything